Monday, February 25, 2008

Chocolate Cake (Eggless)

I prepared my first ever chocolate cake over the weekend. Needless to say was pretty pleased with the results. My brave effort finally culminated in a sinful chocolate mass which I devoured completely with family and friends.
The recipe was as suggested by Shilpa (www.aayisrecipes.com). Thanks Shilpa. It turned out into a quite a yummie delight.

Serves: 2-3 individuals
Equipment: Microwave with an OTG (Oven-Toaster-Griller) option

Ingrdients:
Maida - 1 and 3/4th C
Cocoa powder - 2 t
Vegetable oil - 1/4 C
Sugar (powdered) - 1/2 C
Vanilla essence - 1/2 t
Baking powder - 1/2 t
Milk - 1/2 C
Ghee - 1/2 t

Method:
1. Mix the dry ingrdients separately except sugar. Mix to form an even wholesome mixture.
2. Parallely, mix together the dry ingredients and add the dry ingredients to the wet ones slowly.
3. Be careful to avoid any lumps while stirring. Once the batter is ready, check for one thread consistency. If you get that, your batter is perfect and ready for baking purpose. Grease the deep dish baking container with ghee. Once can also cover the deep dish with butter paper and then pour the batter. This prevents the cake mixtured from sticking against the walls of the container.I preferred ghee to oil for the simple reason that I did not want a oily flavour on the surface.
4. Preheat the oven for atleast 5 minutes. Pour the batter in the container. Place the deep dish container in the oven and cook for 5 minutes on 100% of the oven power.
5. Once done, check with a toothpick by inserting it in the cake. If the tootpick comes out evenly the cake is done.
6. Once done, the cake needs to be refrigerated and then consumed for better results. I decided to volate the rules and tuck into the sumptuous mass waiting for me!!
Enjoy your sinful fare!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.