Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cauliflower Pakoras (Cauliflower Bajey or Bhajiyas)


Pakoras are crispy, tasty pieces of vegetables (Cauliflower, Onion, Potatoes) dipped in batter of your choice (Rice flour, Corn meal, Chickpea flour + Cumin seeds + Cayenne powder + salt) and deep fried in oil. These Pakoras have a huge fan following (ignore the love handles and the belly bulge).


This is my own recipe which I have adapted from various tried and tested approaches. I prefer the vegetables spiced up and the batter crispy enough for a tasty bite!

Serves: 3-4 individuals

Ingredients:
Cauliflower (florets) - 16-20 florets
Chickpea flour (Besan) - 2 cup
Rice Flour - 1 tablespoon
Red Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Water - for batter consistency
Oil - For frying

For marinating Cauliflower:
Ginger garlic paste - 2 teaspoon
Salt - as per taste
Chaat masala (optional) - a little sprinkle

Method:
Take a large Cauliflower head and chop into bite-sized florets, I prefer to chop them into medium sized florets. Add some salt, chaat masala, ginger garlic paste and set aside for 20 minutes.

Mix together all the ingredients required for the batter, stir well till no lumps are observed. The batter should be thick hence be frugal while adding water. Dip each of the florets in batter and deep fry till golden brown. Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup.

2 comments:

  1. Bhajiya is looking so delicious and crispy .. I always love these fried items.. wish if someone can make for me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Pavithra - Gracias! This is my favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.