Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cabbage Olive Salad


Salad's are occupying a common spot in my kitchen now. I dished out this quick one after skimming through some delightful salad's on New York Times - Dining section. They have a delicious spread of salad recipes which are from the pantry ingredients and readily available ones. I recently sampled Red Cabbage and loved it to the core. This is a simple recipe when you don't wish for a heavy 3 course meal.

Preparation time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
Cabbage (shredded) - 3 cups
Carrots (strip sized sliced) - 1 cup
Black Olive (Non-pitted, Kalamata Greek) - 1/2 cup
Salad Vinaigrette -
Vinegar - 2 tablespoon
Olive Oil - 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli flakes - Just a dash
Lime juice - 1 teaspoon
Salt - As per taste
Mixed herbs - 1/3rd teaspoon

Method:
Mix in the olive oil, vinegar, red chilli flakes, salt and mixed herbs. The vinaigrette has to be good enough to dress the salad. Give a good whisk. Add the shredded vegetables and toss well. Slather some lime juice and serve as a pairing with some warm bread.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely salad dear...will def try this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Supriya - Thanks. I wow to eat lot of salads, let me see how far I go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, cabbage salad looks really good and healthy..

    www.foodlyrics.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.