Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Gung-ho with Garlic Bread!!

I wanted a warm spread for a very light dinner. Found Bagel French Bread at the local store, so thought of dishing out a light snack with Garlic Bread. The final outcome was very tasty and I was surprised that the dish is actually very easy as opposed to the feedback which I had received.

For all those who have a Daredevil Baker’s spirit and wish to know more about Bread and Bread making, here is a site: http://www.bakeinfo.co.nz/school/school_info/types_of_bread.php).
I found the site useful in terms of providing the history and details related to Bread making. It talk about three types of Breads – High Rising Bread, Mid Volume Bread (e.g French Bread), Minimal volume Bread ( e.g Flat Bread aka Indian Naan, Chapatti, Pita).

Serves: 3-4 individuals

Ingredients:
French Bread – 1 loaf
Garlic oil or finely shredded garlic – 1/8th t for each slice
Unsalted butter – 8-12 t (melted)
Mushrooms – ½ C (thinly sliced)
Parmesan Cheese – 1 Cup (grated)
Paprika – as per taste
Oregano seasoning – as per taste


Method:
1. Slice the French Bread loaf to 1 inch size each.
2. Slather the melted butter and garlic oil on the bread surface.
3. Add mushrooms, parmesam cheese, paprika and oregano seasoning.
4. Place in the microwave grill mode on 100% heat for 1 minute.
5. Serve hot with Lasagna or Cream of mushroom soup.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashwini, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such generous and kind comments! Truly appreciated. I see from your blog that you started it recently. Welcome to the world of food blogging! I hope that you are around for a long time.

    I've added your blog to my blog roll and feeds and I look forward to seeing you around.

    I fell in love with garlic bread when I moved here to Barbados. Reading your post made we want to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cynthia. Truely appreciate your comments. I am honestly fascinated seeing the expertise in food science and culinary imbibed in all the bloggers.

    Thanks for adding me to your Blogroll. I am very humbled by your gesture. I am newbee to Food Blogging, hoping to be around for the sake of one thing I love - Food. Thanks once again. You have really motivated me to try my best as a food blogger.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.