Monday, November 9, 2009

Simple Bon Masala Vegetable Pulao


This is a very simple Pulao recipe. I wanted to blog about it for the cute pictures I had alongwith. Forgot to put off the flash, nevertheless worthy while you travel the memory lane. I was so hungry that I chose to forget clicking the final picture of my Pulao. Something which I never do otherwise. I have a fetish for locally made/produced/ invented Masala's. Any country or place or city that I travel to, I make sure I grab a small chunk of their local flavour which would be their Masala's. I think thats the closest way to connect with the food and the authenic flavour quite synonymous with the place. One of our cousins had told me about this masala named Bon Masala some time back. Bon Masala is very famous in Udupi and Mangalore especially their Chicken and Fish masala's. Their Pulao goes well if made with Jeera Rice which you get in India. This is fairly easy recipe and good for beginner's who want to try out simpler dishes in the kitchen.

Preparation time ~ 15 minutes
Cooking time ~ 30 minutes

Ingredients:
Rice - 1 cup
French Beans (chopped) - 1/2 cup
Onions (chopped) - 1/2 cup
Carrot (chopped) - 1/2 cup
Cauliflower (cut into florets) - 1/2 cup
Ginger - garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Water - 6 cups
Bon Pulao Masala - 2 teaspoon
Oil - For frying
Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - As per taste

Method:
Take a deep dish pan and fry the vegetables till they wilt a little. Add the rice (pre-washed multiple times to ward off starch). Fry the rice well, add salt and both the masala's. Adjust salt as desired. Cover with a lid and bring to boil. Simmer on low flame till water gets evaporated. Do not stir the Pulao too many times as this could render a soggy finish to the dish. Serve hot with pickle and Raita.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.