Friday, November 6, 2009

Simple Fruit Salad

A very easy dessert, something which I used to like eating as a kid. As a kid and even now, I detest eating fruits. I eat them for purely health reasons. This is a kid friendly recipe and makes a special appeal since ice-cream is loved by most of the kids and making kids eat fruits can be quite a tough task. This was my Mom's way of ensuring I got my dose of fruit nutrition albeit with a little more ice-cream.

Recipe Source ~ Mom
Preparation time ~ 15 minutes
Servings ~ 6-8

Ingredients:
Banana (chopped) - 1 cup
Chikoo (chopped) - 1 cup
Orange pulp (diced) - 1 cup
Pomegranates - 1/2 cup
Apple (chopped) - 1 cup
Cashewnuts (chopped) - 2 tablespoons
Almonds (chopped) - 2 tablespoons
Vanilla ice-cream - 1 litre pack


Method:
Mix in all the fruits and nuts, and add the ice-cream only while serving. This is a fairly simple recipe but something I wish to pen down lest I forget. Kids love this method of eating fruits. Ice-cream adds to the delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.