Friday, January 29, 2010

Mushroom-Peas Chinese Fried Rice


I am a big Rice fan. Of late, I have begun eating Brown Rice or Paez/Paej. It is healthy and wholesome. I also like the combination of any Konkani/ Konkan dish with rice. I made this on a whim, came out well. It is a simple recipe, but thought would blog about it for the benefit of my readers.

I would be cooking more of Low-calorie recipes, which have loads of health benefits. For this one, I chose Olive Oil and Mushrooms. Added Peas and Onion Greens for extra taste and health.

Preparation time: 60 minutes

Ingredients:
Rice - 3 cups
Mushroom (sliced) - 3 cups
Peas - 1/2 cup
Spring Onion/ Green Onions (chopped - only the greens) - 1 bunch or 3/4th cup
Onions (diced and sliced) - 1 cup
Olive Oil - 3 tablespoon
Soya Sauce - 2 tablespoon
Salt - as per taste

Method:
Cook rice in water with 1:1 1/2 proportion. Add a spoon of oil and salt while cooking. Drain once cooked, and spread on a large plate. Separate with a fork if required. This will enable any moisture to go away and cool the rice.
Heat a stock pot, add few spoons of Olive oil, saute and add mushroom and peas. Add Soya Sauce, adjust salt.
Add the cooked rice and give a gentle shake. Do not stir too much as the rice would turm lumpy. Serve hot with any Manchurian sauce based side dish. Garnish with chopped Onions greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.