Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mixed Berries Milkshake


We both enjoy fruit based milkshakes. This one has especially helped me replace insane amount of coffee that I usually drink. I add natural sweeteners and the drink is a great post-workout boost to your metabolism although the milkshake flavor is less sugary with natural sweeteners.

Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries and a lonely Blackberry

I prefer buying fresh produce and making quick shakes and gulping them immediately. The tub of fresh mixed berries from Whole Foods come handy for putting together great tasting milk shakes.

Incidentally, the Blueberries happen to be one of my best friend's favorite. She can survive on these cute looking berries and not complain for days together. She stood by my side all through during last few months and has been very understanding, especially during the tougher days. She is in India and I thank God innumerable times for her presence in my life. On Women's Day, I ponder and reflect on the camaraderie, joy and richness she brings to everyone around her. She is my moral pill and my joie-de-vivre!

Happy Holi to all those who celebrate!

~ Mixed Berry Milkshake ~
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Processing time: 1 minute

Ingredients:
Mixed Berries [Blackberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Strawberry] - 2 cups
Low Fat Milk (cold) - 1 cup
Water - to dilute
Honey - 1 tbsp
Ice chips - about 1/2 a cup
Maple Syrup - 1 tbsp

Method:
Rinse the fruits with a kitchen brush and blend them in a Juicer/ Blender with sweetener of choice. Enjoy fresh and consume immediately.

Note - The seeds from some Berries do not bother me, if it bothers you just switch to Strawberries alone.

2 comments:

  1. What a colourful and healthy drink, perfect for the onset of spring

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sumi -

    Thank you! Its healthy and easy to fix.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.