Friday, July 31, 2009

Simple Yellow Cake


I always dreamt of Baking and felt that it was enormous task in itself. Much to surprise, I am wrong. Baking reqires precision, timing and good quality ingredients. I realised that unlike the daily kitchen cooking adventures where you can afford to play the ocassional guess work with your ingredients, baking takes the term "precision" and "timing" to a whole new level.


IF you have all of these in place, no one can mess your cake. I tried my hand at Baking for the first time and the results were much pleasing. The motivation for me was my 8 year old nephew bakes cookies and pies. I can do it too was my response. The quality of your blending, the cake batter, how well it beaten and how much it should be beaten also bears lot of weight.

All it needs is 3 eggs, 1/3 vegetable oil and 1 1/3 water. I found it easy when I read the instructions and thought should give it a honest try. My brother, P is in town, he promptly offered to give a helping hand. Knowing that someone would be there should it be disaster, I thought today I AM GOING TO BAKE A CAKE!!
Verdict: The cake was super delicious, soft and tasty. You are welcome to come and take a delicious bite!!

Recipe Source: Shoprite Yellow Cake Mix Recipe
Serves: 25 servings ~ 1 pound and a 1/4 more

Ingredients:
Eggs - 3
Vegetable oil - 1/3 Cup
Water - 1 and 1/3 Cup

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously grease pans and dust with flour. My baking tray is 13" x 9"
Blend in a large mixing bowl at low speed and until moistened. Add the ingredients in cake mix and beat the mixture in a clockwise direction with 450 strokes. Pour batter into pans.
Bake at 350 until done. Cake is done if toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not test for doneness by touching your finger. I baked the cake for 35 minutes and had set a timer for it just in case by grey matter fails to remind me.
Cool the cake for around 30 minutes on a cooling rack. Remove from pan and cool upside down. P and I were totally impressed with our creation. I marvelled at the way the cake had fluffed up! The cake cutting formally happened and we gorged on the pieces and have saved some for Summer Party today! I love Summer and I am no longer shy of baking!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.