Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Capsicum Pakoras (Donne Mirsaang Bajo or Bhajiya)


Pakoras or Deep Fried Fritters are a mood lifter any time! I have fond memories of Capsicum Pakoras. Quite a rarity, Mom used to make Pakoras for breakfast, so for me its always been Capsicum Pakoras with Coffee! My friends wonder at this combination and ask me if I really like it! (Yes, I do !!! :)) Capsicum is called as Donne Mirsaang in Konkani.

Servings ~ Around 20 pieces of Pakoras.
Recipe Source: Mom

Ingredients:
Capsicum pieces - 20 ~ 2 Green Bell Peppers
Chickpea flour (Besan) - 1 cup
Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon ~ MDH Garam Masala
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - as per taste
Oil - for frying
Water - for batter consistency
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon

Method:
Marinate the pieces of Bell Pepper in salt and keep aside. Make a thick batter of Chickpea flour, Red Chilli powder, Garam masala powder, Cumin seeds and salt. The batter should be very thick hence be careful while adding water.

Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, dip the pieces one by one and deep fry in oil till golden. Serve hot with Tomato ketchup.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed knowing about you, Ashwini. The Donne mirsang Bhajji is my husband's favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.