Thursday, September 24, 2009

Paneer Tikka


These days I am cooking lot of North Indian dishes and I am liking it. I am getting myself to learn more about them and make dishes which are simple, easy and tasty. We had some Shan BBQ Masala so thought of using them to make Paneer Tikka. I love snacks especially, evening high-tea ones. They are quick, require less pampering and can be done in a jiffy. Very easy dish and requires very less prep work and cooking time.

Recipe from my own kitchen experiments.
Serves: 2 individuals

Ingredients:
Paneer (pre-fried) - 8-15 pieces
Shan BBQ Tikka Masala - 2 tablespoons (Red Food color + Garam Masala)
Yogurt - 2 tablespoon
Red Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala (optional) - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Oil - For frying
Coriander leaves (chopped - for garnishing) - 3-4 sprigs
Lime juice (optional) - 1 teaspoon
Salt - As per taste

Method:
Make a marinade paste of Yogurt, Shan Masala, Red Chilli powder, Garam Masala and Pepper powder. Thaw the Paneer for around 4 minutes in microwave if its frozen. Once its soft enough, mix in with the marinade and set aside for 20 minutes.

Heat oil in saucepan, place the Paneer cubes one by one and cook them till they are charred and well done. Alternately is using BBQ, grill them till they are done and charred on all sides for around 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and lime juice. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.