Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chocolate Rice Crispies


Man cannot live on chocolate alone. But Woman! Yes, she can; I am big Chocolate fan and love all the goody feeling that comes alongwith. This recipe of Chocolate Rice crispies was worked upon by my brother P and I (I had little role to play). To relish the CHOCO flavour, here's a picture of a Candy shop at Quincy Market, Boston. A perfect eye candy!

Many of my female friends are big time chocolate lovers. Some like it white, black, dark, bitter but they all love it. I think there is some strange connection between Chocolate and Women. This post of mine goes to all women who whine, dream, dribble and love to drool over chocolates.
This is a recipe which has been passed over by my MIL. In my hubby's side this dish is a big hit. I used to wonder what's the magic. When I sampled the taste was DECADENT! A must if you are a chocolate addict.


Recipe Source: My MIL
Serves: 10-18 servings

Ingredients:
large box of rice crispies
4 large slabs (20 oz each) Hershey’s milk chocolate
3 packets (16 oz – 8 mini packets in each) Twix chocolate
4 sticks of unsalted butter
1 medium packet of walnuts

Method:

Melt 2 sticks of butter in a deep non-stick utensil. Chop twix chocolates and add to the melted butter. Stir the twix sauce until it is smooth. Remove the left-over twix biscuit pieces from the utensil and keep them aside.


Take a large bowl filled with rice crispies (no specific quantity) and mix all the twix sauce to it until the rice crispies are fully coated. Put the coated rice crispies in a deep baking tray (or any other tray) and nicely set the crispies so that they are evenly spread across the entire tray.

In the same non-stick utensil, melt 2 more sticks of butter. Chop the hershey’s milk chocolates and add to the melted butter. Stir the sauce until it is thick and smooth.

Pour the hershey’s sauce on the coated rice crispies and evenly spread across entire tray. Chop walnuts in a blender and sprinkle on top of the hershey’s sauce. Cover the tray and set it aside for 6-7 hours at room temperature. Serve block sized pieces and enjoy!

Tip: Since we wanted only regular chocolate flavour, we did two layers of Twix Chocolate Rice crispies and garnished with chopped walnut.

Here goes my entry to Laura's Spiced Life Blog Event of Family Recipes. I liked the theme of this event!

3 comments:

  1. I am a huge chocolate fan--this recipe looks wonderful. Thanks for submitting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds sinful! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Laura - Join the gang of Chocolate fans :-))

    @ HoneyB - I liked the creative attribute associated with this event. Good thought on the event theme!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.