Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vermicelli Pulao (Shevyaa Pulao)


Recently I bought a big packet of Bambino Vermicelli. I realised I have not used it enough. I thought why not try something on my own and came up with this recipe. My cookery instincts have become very sharp now :)


The taste was good and this can also serve as a quick breakfast as well.


Recipe source: self

Serves: 2 individuals


Ingredients:

Vermicelli - 1 cup

Green Beans (chopped) - 1/2 cup

Onions (chopped) - 1/2 cup

Asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon

Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon

Garam Masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon

Oil - for frying

Water - for boiling


Method:

Heat oil in a deep skillet. Add mustard seeds, once they pop fry green beans and onions. Once they semi-cook, add vermicelli and add water in 1:2 ratio (1 cup vermicelli : 2 cups of water). Add rest of the ingredients and cook for few minutes till water evaporates. Serve hot with salad and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any comment and would love to hear from you. Trust you enjoy my blog.